KU Select 2017 pledging process so far
KU Select 2017 Collection
- 343 books available: 151 front list (Nov 2017-April 2018) and 192 backlist (2006-2016)
- 21 journals available (formerly closed and Open Access titles)
- 60 well-respected scholarly publishers participating on 5 continents including university presses, commercial publishers and Open Access publishers
- Curated by the KU Title Selection Committee consisting of 40 librarians in 12 countries
- 17 subject areas in the Humanities and Social Sciences
- Creative Commons licences - hosted by OAPEN and HathiTrust, also preserved by CLOCKSS and Portico.
Find out more about the Book Collection
Titles in the KU Select 2017 Book Collections were selected to represent a broad range of specialist research books—most of which are monographs, with a few edited collections and backlist titles as supplementary content for courses—forming the core of a broad collection of titles that KU is planning to develop through its unlatching program over the next few years.
The whole amount of pledges from libraries will be used to pay publishers, either as Book Processing Charges (BPC) for front list titles, or to compensate for loss of income for backlist titles. Thus, the costs of purchasing a monograph for each library falls considerably while the risk of funding Open Access is distriubted equally among all the participating libraries.For KU Select 2017 books, the BPC were set by KU and based on the average title fee for the first two pilot collections. The weighted average price per title comes to $30.74 // €29,00 // £24.65.
Pledge your participation for $53 (€50 / £42,50) per new book and $13.25 (€12,50 / £10,65) per backlist book, by selecting either:
- Full pledge: The complete KU Select 2017 collection of 343 titles (both front list and backlist) which costs $10,547 // €9.950 / £ 8.463 - with a minimum pledge of 90% of the price, or
- Only front list: The KU Select 2017 front list collection of 151 titles which costs $8,003 // €7,750 // £6,418 - with a minimum pledge of 90% of the price.
- If your institution is in Norway, the US, Canada, Italy, France or the UK: From KU Select 2017 on, we offer differential pricing for these regions, based on the Carnegie or JISC classification. Please click below to get your individual quote.