Support a new way of Open Access publishing in Linguistics
Led by the renowned linguistic scholars Stefan Müller (Humboldt-Universität Berlin) and Martin Haspelmath (Max Planck Institute for the Science of Human History), Language Science Press publishes high quality, peer-reviewed Open Access books in linguistics. By leveraging existing institutional infrastructures and creating efficient processes, Language Science Press titles come at a significantly lower price as compared to traditional publishers. At the same time, these titles are made freely accessible to readers worldwide to broaden the impact of the works.
Language Science Press publishes fully Open Access books under CC-BY. They are a community-based worldwide enterprise with supporters from MIT, Harvard, Yale, Zurich, Berlin, Sydney, Hong Kong, etc. To name but a few, Noam Chomsky, Adele Goldberg, and Steven Pinker support Language Science Press and their library partnership model set up by Knowledge Unlatched.
Language Science Press pledging process so far
Institutional supporters 35/10035%
The cooperative model
Through Knowledge Unlatched, Language Science Press seeks to raise enough financial support from libraries, institutions and individuals for a period of three years. The target amount is €115.000 / $122,000 / £98,900 per year to support the publication of 30 peer-reviewed Open Access titles. Language Science Press doesn’t charge a Book Processing Charge (BPC), however for sake of comparison it would imply a BPC of €3.833 / $4,062 / £3,296, which is significantly lower than other publishers in the field.
With this support, Language Science Press can make these 30 titles freely available to readers all around the world. We offer the following ways to support Language Science Press as a library or institution for a period of three years:
- 100 slots available libraries & institutions at €1.000 / $1,060 / £860 per annum for three years
- 150 slots available individuals at €100 / $106 / £86 per annum for three years
Why support Language Science Press?
For libraries and institutions there are 100 tickets available, priced at €1,000 per annum. This translates to €33.33 for an online version of a title (DRM-free). This represents about a 50% discount compared to traditional multi-user license deals.
Language Science Press is a new, innovative way of publishing. You can be part of this transition to support scholars reclaiming the reins of publishing. Your researchers can submit and publish without any BPC charge as Open Access.
Among all Open Access initiatives to support, Language Science Press is unique due to their network of reputable scholars who are already publishing with them.
How to pledge your support as a library/institution?
Libraries and institutions should register a free and non-binding account on the Knowledge Unlatched portal to pledge their support.
How to pledge your support as an individual?
Individuals simply leave their details on the page following the button. We will then reach out to you.
- Universität Tübingen
- Harvard University
- Arkansas State University
- Queen Mary, University of London
- University of Virginia
- Rijksuniversiteit Groningen
- University of St Gallen
- University of Kentucky
- University of Oregon
- University of Texas at Arlington
- Stockholm University
- Humboldt Universität
- Case Western Reserve University
- University at Buffalo
- University of Rhode Island
- Zentralbibliothek Zürich
- Helsinki University
- Lancaster University
- McGill University
- Universitäts- und Landesbibliothek Düsseldorf
- Universitätsbibliothek Frankfurt/M
- Universitätsbibliothek Bielefeld
- The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- University of Sheffield
- Kenyon College
- University of Melbourne
- Max Planck Digital Library
- Albert-Ludwigs Universität
- Osnabrück University
- La Trobe University
- Purdue University
- University of Texas at Arlington
- University of Texas at Austin
- University of Texas at Dallas
- University of Texas at El Paso
- University of Texas of the Permian Basin
- University of Texas Rio Grande Valley
- University of Texas at San Antonio
- University of Texas at Tyler
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston
- University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
- University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
- University of Texas Health Science Center at Tyler
- University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston
- Texas Medical Center Library
- University of California Berkeley
- Northwestern University