Head of Publisher Relations
Growing the number of OA titles from publisher partners worldwide
Philipp currently obtains a complementary Master degree from the University of St.Gallen and the Universität der Künste in Berlin with a focus on "Leadership in Digital Communication" after studying Engineering and Industrial Design in the Netherlands and Japan, before getting into scholarly content while working for Kiron, a platform that offers higher education to refugees. His goal is to make knowledge accessible to everyone, everywhere and to help shape the future dissemination of scholarly content.
1) Describe your job in three words. Sharing is caring
2) What’s the coolest thing you’re working on right now? Reaching out to publishers and Institutions from all over the world, to increase the usage of our unlatched titles.
3) Best thing about being part of the KU-Team? Working with an agile, always motivated team of great people.
4) Worst thing about being part of the KU-Team? So much to do, so little time.
5) Who would you most like to swap places with for the day? A member of an indigenous tribe, to afterwards evaluate my priorities and moral values
6) What did you want to grow up to be when you were a kid?I wanted to be an inventor.
7) Last book you read? Helix, Marc Elsberg, Blanvalet
8) Website you visit the most? Google (mail)
9) What’s in your coffee?Milk
10) Tell us something we don’t know? I think I’m in love with the chestnut tree in my backyard…
Publisher Relations Intern
Developing relations with publisher partners around the world
Felix studied Business Administration at Otto-Friedrich-Universität Bamberg. After completing his Master's degree in Publishing Management at the Leipzig University of Applied Sciences (HTWK Leipzig), he would like to proceed to a career as a business manager in the publishing industry. For publishing houses in the scholarly books and journals sector, Open Access is an important topic. For this reason, he is completing a 6-month internship at Knowledge Unlatched in the field of Publisher Relations. He is very excited about his new role and is looking forward to gaining professional experience in this field.
1) Describe your job in three words. Digital, future-oriented, innovative.
2) What’s the coolest thing you’re working on right now? There are many exciting tasks.
3) Best thing about being part of the KU-Team? Working with a motivated team.
4) Worst thing about being part of the KU-Team? –.
5) Who would you most like to swap places with for the day? With a time traveler to see with my own eyes how people lived in different eras and times.
6) What did you want to grow up to be when you were a kid?I wanted to be an engineer.
7) Last book you read? Simon Becket, Die ewigen Toten.
8) Website you visit the most? Google.
9) What’s in your coffee? Nothing, just black.
10) Tell us something we don’t know? I was born in Rome and left it with my parents when I was two years old.